UW Veterinary Care at the UW-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine is in search of a dedicated, motivated, and enthusiastic Certified Veterinary Technician to join our team in the area of Large Animal Care! UW Veterinary Care is located on the campus of the University of Wisconsin in the heart of Madison, a community offering numerous cultural, recreational, and educational activities. This is an excellent opportunity to utilize your skills in a progressive, state-of-the-art, fast-paced learning environment.
This is an advanced level position requiring extensive technical knowledge, skill, and independence of action in support of the daily operational needs in all areas of the Large Animal Area of UW Veterinary Care (UWVC). Position responsibilities require the individual to demonstrate initiative and the ability to make independent discretionary judgments with respect to both instructional and technical responsibilities. Requires the ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. independently and physical and manual dexterity to perform specialized technical tasks. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
1) Oversees and assures that high quality nursing care is administered and maintained in the primary care of animal patients.
2) Participates in instruction of veterinary students and training of veterinary technicians.
3) Monitors veterinary student participation in daily receiving schedules, initiates changes and lends assistance when needed.
4) Assists supervisor in problem solving activities and administrative tasks.
5) Participates and understands the importance of working as a team member within the hospital structure (i.e. communication with supervisors and faculty for enhancing productivity and quality patient care).
6) Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate proposed ideas and solutions.
UWVC offers many benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, Income Continuation Insurance, Life Insurance, WRS Retirement, and much more.
This position is posted at 60-80%FTE.
If you are interested in applying please follow the link below and apply online!