Madison Veterinary Specialists is seeking full time and part time Certified Veterinary Technicians to join our Internal Medicine, Surgery and Emergency departments. These positions offer flexible scheduling with some positions including nights with rotating weekends and holidays. Previous experience is preferred.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
· Ability to work in a collaborative team setting
· Good communication skills and enjoy working with people
· Enjoy learning new skills and exploring new technologies
· Willingness to participate in additional training programs
· Provide input and assist with all aspects of patient care
· Excel in technical nursing skills including but not limited to: Venipuncture, Catheter placement,
· Ability to obtain accurate radiology views
· Effective anesthesia monitoring
· Physical examinations and patient assessment
· Good Laboratory skill set including but not limited to: Manual differentials, UA
· Possess or demonstrate desire to obtain a solid understanding of the common medication used within an emergency & specialty practice
· Provide compassionate and timely care for our hospitalized patients
· Current State licensure as a Certified/Registered/Licensed Veterinary Technician or demonstrate the ability to complete VTNE test within 6 months of employment.
· Prior experience in an emergency and/or specialists practice is a plus
· 1+ years’ experience as a Certified Veterinary Technician or veterinary assistant preferred
· Knowledge of ImproMed software a plus
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Formal Veterinary Technology education or similar degree preferred
Madison Veterinary Specialists & Emergency provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of medical care along with excellent customer service. We offer internal training for each position with competitive wages and benefits packages including medical insurance, flexible scheduling, a 401K match plan, uniforms, and continuing education allowance, as well as discounted pricing for your pet’s care. Wage commensurate with skill and experience. Overnight shifts include a differential pay premium.
If you are an experienced veterinary technician looking for the perfect opportunity to hone and expand your skills with a growing practice, forward your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our hospital visit mvsvets.com or like us on Facebook.