Healthy Pet Veterinary Clinic on Madison’s East Side is seeking an enthusiastic person to work as a Certified Veterinary Technician in our busy 3 doctor practice. We are a full-service veterinary clinic that is committed to promoting responsible pet ownership and working cooperatively with our clients to provide the best care for their pets. In addition to caring for dogs and cats, our practice provides special services for rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, rats, and other small mammals.
Applicants must be able to work a variety of hours between 7:30 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday as well as rotating Saturdays from 730am to 130pm totaling 30-40 hours a week.
The individual filling this role will serve as the primary support staff for our veterinarians. Applying professional and practical knowledge of hospital procedures, policies, and services, as well as patient treatment protocols on a daily basis to provide the highest level of care possible.
To be successful in this role, among other traits, you will need the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
– Current License as a Certified Veterinary Technician in the State of Wisconsin.
– Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with various audiences as well as being able to read and convey information in a concise manner.
– Ability to pay attention to detail and stay focused while multitasking.
– Have a natural love and compassion for animals including demonstrated interest in caring for, promoting the health of, and fostering the contentment of animals.
– Conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner Have familiarity with medical nomenclature used in a veterinary hospital.
– Field questions and inquiries about services, triage, products, and treatments.
– Provide knowledgeable advice concerning the care and treatment of animals.
– Know common drugs, uses, and protocols on how they should be used.
– Document legibly and keep accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy.
– Maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
– Prepare and maintain exam rooms, surgical suite, and treatment areas.
– Perform physical assessments and record observations.
– Admit patients following hospital policy and doctors’ written orders.
– Discharge patients based on the veterinarian’s orders, ensuring that patients are well-groomed and in a medically appropriate state
. – Use, clean, maintain, and care for specialized and hospital equipment.
– Calculate dosages and administer medications and fluids Administer and monitor patients under anesthesia Perform venipunctures and place IV catheters.
– Strong computer skills are needed to communicate with clients and other team members via our in-house practice management program and via the internet.
– Perform general physical activities that require bending, standing, stooping, moving from room to room, sit, talk, and listen; the applicant may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time.
– Perform other duties as assigned including assisting in other areas. Special preference will be given to applicants who have experience working in a small animal veterinary practice.