Veterinary Clinic seeking a Veterinary Technician/Assistant to work in an upbeat, fast-paced environment. Candidate should be able to demonstrate proper small and large animal handling techniques, be detail oriented, possess critical thinking and problem solving skills. Must be self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task with minimal supervision. Good communication skills and a reliable attendance record are a must. Previous clinic experience preferred, but not necessary. Training is available on the job. Must have a high school diploma. Wages based on experience. Position is part-time or full-time with ability to work Saturdays from 8-12.
Interested applicants should submit a resume to:
The Riverdale Veterinary Clinic
127 Hwy 133 & 80 E
Muscoda, WI 53573
- Patient Medical Care– Assist Doctor with appointments, diagnostic, medical & surgical procedures, provide nursing care, take history & vitals, give medications, assist or perform treatments, diagnostics & monitoring, draw blood, run lab tests, IV catheter care & maintenance, administer IV fluids, bandage changes, and cleaning, feeding & walking patients as needed.
- Anesthesia – assist with induction, maintenance, monitoring & recovery of patients, clean / maintain anesthesia equipment.
- Surgical – Prepare animals, instruments and equipment for surgery, doctor assistance, clean, sterilize, and maintain all surgical instruments and equipment, provide post operative care.
- Dentistry– Provide patient dental care, ultrasonic cleaning and polishing, assist doctor with dental procedures.
- Radiology (including dental imaging) – positioning patients and taking radiographs, submitting for consults.
- Laboratory duties– collecting, preparing, & running or submitting samples for requested tests; reading and recording results when indicated.
- Clinic maintenance – preparing, restocking, and cleaning exam rooms, cages/stalls, reception areas, etc.
- Client communication- give patient updates, discharge instructions and/or demonstrations, and provide follow-up for certain hospital patients.
- Assist with reception / front desk duties as needed- answering phones, booking appointments, admit / discharge patients, input data into patient medical record, ensure a smooth and timely flow of outpatient appointments from the check-in to the discharge.
- Preparing invoices, discharge instructions, and client information packs.
- Assist in training and mentoring new team members.
- Assist with inventory control, ordering, unpacking, pricing, and restocking drug & medical supplies.
- Preparing prescriptions, dispensed medications & medication refills.
- Various other duties as requested/needed.