Certified Veterinary Technician
Metro Animal Hospital is a locally owned practice where as a team, we make a positive impact on pet health care for our patients and their owners, communities and the field of veterinary medicine. We believe hiring people with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, which permits us to deliver the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Metro Animal Hospital veterinary technician, you will work alongside the pet health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path for continued growth and learning.
- Support veterinarians to ensure quality veterinary care, advocate for pets, and educate clients.
- With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Assist with surgeries and procedures in accordance with the state of Wisconsin Veterinary Practice Act outlined for credentialed veterinary technicians.
- Communicate with clients about individualized pet health concerns and offer guidance on Wellness Plan options, medications, and additional treatments.
- Obtain relevant health history and information from clients and maintain medical charts.
- Use safe restraining techniques, follow standard protocols, and sustain clean, sterile, organized treatment areas, exam rooms, and labs.
- Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members.
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT)
Commitment beyond qualifications
Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills, dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But, most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives.
Your well-being matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Metro Animal Hospital, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our network and support structure, we offer a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients. Including paid vacation days and PTO, Holiday pay, Health Insurance, and generous pet care discounts.
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced vet tech, a job at Metro Animal Hospital opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping you grow as a vet tech by providing practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with your recertification. Metro Animal Hospital feels strongly about participating within our community, giving back with a holiday food drive that helps support the Neighbor’s Place and the Humane Society of Marathon County. Metro Animal Hospital is also raising money for the Everest Metro K9 Unit.
So, what are you waiting for?
Make your move and apply today!
Send your resume to; Metroahmanager@gmail.com, or you can mail to
Metro Animal Hospital, Attention Practice Manager
1699 Schofield Ave, Suite 201
Schofield, WI 54476
You may also drop off in person at the above address, we’d love to hear from you!