ASSOCIATE VETERINARIAN, INDUSTRY
The Associate Veterinarian, Industry is a veterinarian trained in toxicology responsible for responding to incoming cases on SafetyCall’s (SCI) animal industry side and Pet Poison Helpline’s (PPH) pet owner side via the telephone, email, chat applications, and other interactions regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. This position also takes incoming calls from pet owners on general animal health and wellness through SCI’s various service lines. The Associate Veterinarian, Industry is responsible for documenting full histories and details of the events, triaging the case(s), and providing accurate medical, health, and safety information to consumers, pet owners, veterinary, and medical professionals. This position also serves as an internal consultant to other veterinary medical staff.
We provide an extensive toxicology training program upon hire.
We are currently hiring full time, 40 hours per week. The Associate Veterinarian, Industry will work four (4), ten (10) hour shifts between the hours of 1:30 pm-12:30 am CST OR 3:30 pm-2:30 am CST. They will work the following set rotation, including some holidays:
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
Week 2: Saturday, Sunday Monday, Thursday
- Current Minnesota veterinary medicine license or ability to obtain upon hire.
- At least three (3) years of clinical experience, emergency, and/or veterinary internship strongly preferred.
- Some toxicology experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to speak and write clearly with compassion and professionalism.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- The ability to apply principles of logical and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to gather, analyzes, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and if assigned, overnights.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior
SCI offers competitive pay and benefits, a fun work environment, and experience in a fascinating field. Interested candidates should send your curriculum vitae and letter of interest, including availability and any scheduling restrictions, to email@example.com. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match our qualifications.