Veterinary Nurseline Specialist
Are you looking to gain experience in an interesting, new field? SafetyCall International (SCI), parent company of Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is looking to add a full-time (40 hours/week) Veterinary Technicians (licensed and unlicensed) to work remote from home in an applicable states which can be found on our careers page. Remote employees must be able to meet certain work from home requirements as described below.
These positions are in a call center/office environment or remote from home if applicable. Given the nature of the positions, many pet owners and veterinary staff are calling under emergency or perceived emergency circumstances and are therefore in distress. Staff must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
The Veterinary Nurseline Specialist (VNS) is responsible for responding to incoming cases via the telephone, email and chat applications for our veterinary nurse lines regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings, general animal wellbeing questions and emergency situations. The position is responsible for managing and documenting cases, taking full histories and details of the events, triaging cases and providing accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers. Each case will be documented in SafetyCall International (SCI) databases. The VNS staff will perform follow-up as necessary to ensure the wellbeing of the animals. Given the nature of the position, many pet owners are calling under stressful circumstances and are therefore in distress. VNS must be able to manage cases under pressure and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. We are currently looking for a daytime and evening technician for this role. Details are listed below.
Evening: Positions will work an 8 ½ hour shift with an unpaid 30-minute break with start times between 2pm-6pm CST. Positions will work a set schedule of either Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Active CVT/LVT/RVT License and 1+years of work experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital OR a minimum of 5 years of work experience as a veterinary technician (non-certified) or veterinary assistant performing technician responsibilities in a fast-paced veterinary clinic/hospital.
- Emergency experience is preferred.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, professional, empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis, including during stressful or high-pressure situations and interactions.
- Strong attention to detail and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data with very few errors.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work varying shifts including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex or diverse information.
- Above average proficiency with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ products, procedures, and case detail as well as SCI’s operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain active licensure, if applicable.
- Remote employees must be able to meet and maintain IT requirements following SCI policies.
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service with a minimum of 20mb download speed, 5mb upload speed and a landline phone. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter or introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position you are interested in when applying. Our team will review each submission and contact the candidates that most closely match the qualifications.