Four Paws Veterinary Clinic is seeking a Certified Veterinary Technician or Veterinary Technician student.
Provides animal care by determining animal requirements; restraining for examinations and diagnostic procedures; assisting during operations; feeding and caring for animals; maintaining supplies and equipment; maintaining records.
* Determines animal requirements by conducting interviews; reviewing care plans and records; completing laboratory tests and studies, and diagnostic imaging.
* Cares for animals by taking vital signs; collecting samples; administering medications, drugs, and vaccines; bandaging and wrapping wounds
* Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments; securing and bringing animals to examination room; restraining animals; providing assistance as directed; explaining animal’s status to the owner.
* Supports operations by assembling required supplies and instruments; setting-up surgery table instruments; restraining animals; completing local/regional anesthesia; operating and monitoring anesthetic machines; hooking-up ECG monitors; preparing the surgical site; placing catheters; cleaning-up post-surgical site; maintaining sterile conditions; obtaining and verifying medications.
* Maintains animals by feeding and watering animals; cleaning animals’ rooms, cages, and equipment; changing cages; observing for clinical signs of disease.
* Maintains safe, secure, healthy, and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments; sanitizing and disinfecting holding and operating areas; storing sterile supplies; verifying shelf-life; following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Maintains animal records by documenting animal conditions, reactions, and changes; updating the database.
* Maintains equipment by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining equipment supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional journals.
* Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Skills/Qualifications: Candidates must have completed or currently be enrolled in a 2-year Veterinary Technician program.
Four Paws Veterinary Clinic offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, paid time off, CE, employee pet care discount, and uniform allowance. Resumes may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (608) 643-0234