North Heights Veterinary Clinic has proudly served the Fox Cities since 1975. We welcome pet patients in need of routine medical, surgical, dental and emergency care. Our 4.5 DVM team also sees a wide variety of cases involving small animals and the occasional pocket pet and exotic! For more information, please feel free to look around our website: https://northheightsveterinaryclinic.com/ We are seeking a credentialed Veterinary Technician to provide quality care, advocate for patients and educate our clients.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing and maintaining the exam rooms and treatment areas
• Effectively restraining pets, even when large or anxious
• Performing physical assessments and recording observations
• Accurately maintaining medical records in accordance with hospital policy
• Understanding common vaccination protocols
• Performing clinical laboratory procedures such as fecal flotation exams, heartworm testing, skin scrapings, urinalysis and fungal cultures
• Drawing blood for laboratory analysis and maintaining lab test results
• Effectively positioning for and taking radiographs
• Placing IV catheters
• Giving SQ, IM and IV injections
• Understanding the usage, dosage and common side-effects for often-used medications
• Preparing estimates for procedures
• Assisting the veterinarian in medical, surgical and dental procedures by preparing patients for surgery, administering anesthesia, monitoring during surgery and recovery and administering fluids
• Performing emergency procedures such as control of bleeding, resuscitation with oxygen, opening airways and external cardiac massage
• Explaining necessary follow-up and homecare instructions
• Maintaining positive, cooperative relationships with other employees
• Conducting oneself in a confident and professional manner, even in stressful situations
We are proud to offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits in addition to family-friendly scheduling.
All full-time employees are eligible for coverage in our health, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance plans.
We also offer a 401 (k) with matching contributions and discounted services for your furry loved ones.
For more information or to apply, please contact Michelle at email@example.com.