WORK FROM HOME as a CVT/LVT/RVT!
Job Description: Veterinary Information Specialist
The Veterinary Information Specialist position is responsible for responding to incoming cases on Pet Poison Helpline and SafetyCall’s industry side via the telephone, email, and chat applications regarding potential toxic exposures, poisonings and other adverse events from pet owners and veterinarians related to various household and consumer products, animal health products, plants, OTC products, dietary supplements, prescription drugs, and other chemical exposures. Specialists take full histories and details of the events, triage the cases and provide accurate medical, health and safety information to the callers.
Specialists document each case in an electronic record and follow up as necessary to ensure the wellbeing of the animals and facilitate adverse event reporting on the industry side.
Full-time, 40 hrs/week. Positions do not have a set schedule. Shift times and shift days will vary and include weekends, typically 2 per month and up to 3 during our busy season, and some holidays.
Evenings: Available shifts are 8 ½ hours long and shifts range from 2pm-2:30amCST. While we may be able to work with some scheduling restrictions, flexibility in availability is highly preferred.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
1. Active CVT/LVT/RVT License and 1+years of work experience in a veterinary clinic/hospital
2. At least one year of emergency/critical care experience preferred
3. Ability to work varying shift times and varying days, including weekends as specified above.
4. Proficiency with keyboarding and data entry, PCs, Microsoft Office, and common computer software and hardware.
5. Ability to accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, ratios and percentages
6. Excellent verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, professional and empathetic
7. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form
8. Strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask
9. Customer service focused attitude and behavior
Remote Agent Requirements
Candidates who work remotely must have or be willing to obtain and maintain at their expense certain IT requirements including reliable high speed internet with an ISP that can supply a cable modem internet service and meet certain upload and download speed requirements. Candidates must also have a designated home office area that meets certain requirements and may not have any other responsibilities during the time they are working such as caring for dependents.
To apply please click here.