The Shelter Manager directs the Shelter and is responsible for maintaining financial, property, equipment and management of staff and animals. They oversee volunteers and recruitment efforts. The manager will also designate and oversee all administrative needs, including adoptions, records, correspondence, and financial procedures. Responsibilities include animal assessment and appropriate treatment, as well as collaboration with area veterinarians. They are additionally responsible for dealing professionally with the public and law enforcement personnel and report to the Association Board. The Shelter Manager will also be aware of and maintain Board policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal laws which apply to shelter.
• Knowledge of animal welfare/health needs, laws, and passion for working with animals
• Strong customer service/people management skills
• Budget Management
• Knowledge computers software operating systems and hardware, and other office equipment.
• Administrative experience and ability to organize records/financial operations/equipment
• Supervision and hiring experience
• Experience as a vet tech, vet assistant, or prior shelter operations experience
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Bachelors or Associates Degree in related area
• Experience with unemployment and worker’s compensation filings
• Experience working with a volunteers and community service program
• Experience in fundraising Region
The Chippewa Humane Association is located near Chippewa Falls, situated in west central Wisconsin, about 75 minutes east of Minneapolis-St. Paul on Interstate 94. Located in the scenic Chippewa Valley Region with a population base of more than 200,000, Chippewa Falls is a city of 13,500 surrounded by lakes, streams, woods, parks, and hiking/biking/skiing trails.
Required Application Materials
• A letter of application outlining your interest and qualifications for the position
• Contact information for at least three references who are directly familiar with your skills listed as needed for qualifications
The Chippewa Humane Association Board reserves the right to contact additional references with notice to the candidate and to complete a criminal background check on finalists.
Application Deadline Application review is on-going until the job is filled
Starting Date As soon as possible